Sunday, November 6, 2011

Angela Simmons Explain Her Hair Regimen

A few weeks ago Angela Simmons tweeted a picture of her hair sans weave. It got me interested in her hair regimen, so here's what I found:
How long do you keep the weaves in at a time?

A: Not that long because I change my hair so much. So, probably a month at the most. But I’m the girl who changes my hair a lot, so.

What are your tips for maintaining your hair, because it looks really healthy and really thick.

A: I just keep it braided up alot. For the most part I stay in the hair salon alot and get my hair done alot so I kind of lean on my hairdressers for that. So for the most part, when I go, I do deep conditioners and sit under a dryer or steamer.


But I did something bad not too long ago. My front got all messed up. I had a blonde weave, you know I had that moment where I wanted to go blonde. And I bleached some of my hair and it broke off and that was a bad idea.
So I don’t suggest that anyone bleach their hair. Overall my hair’s pretty healthy it’s just the front’s a little messed up so I've been doing whatever I can. Oh, and I do suggest Moroccan oil. It’s amazing.
Why did you decide to stop perming your hair?

A: I just figured that I didn't really need it. And I did notice that my hair was way thicker without the perm and it just seemed healthier without it and I just didn't want to put any more chemicals in it. So I just left it alone. I’ve been natural for like 3 years. When I get weaves in I just sew it up and leave it alone.

Would you ever consider having it huge and natural out in public?

A: You mean without flat-ironing it? No. [Weaves are] easier for me. I work out a lot and I travel a lot. So to have my own hair out is a hassle for me. So I don’t do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment